For today's serving of Acronym Soup, we look on the embedded controller firmware side of things for the recipe of the day and ask the question: What is EC?
It seems like nearly all IT Managers have either considered implementing VDI or have deployed the technology at some point during their career. We all know the advantages of VDI: ease of management, increased worker uptime, power savings, greater security and versatility, among others. When considering VDI, IT Managers are deterred by the headache of dealing with multiple vendors for their new solution. This can make the implementation process confusing, complicated, and expensive. Having different vendors for your servers, SAN appliances, and thin or zero clients is time consuming and can be a pain in the you know what for IT Managers. That’s why All-In-One VDI solutions were created.
The concept of AI has been lurking in the technology industry for awhile now, to the point where two prominent tech titans, Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk, have had disagreements over AI and what AI could mean for us in the future. So which view is right? Or do we need to think of it in a different way?
Quick reference overview of the key differences between RTOS and GPOS.
More than 60 percent of data center failures are caused by human error, natural disasters account for the other 40 percent. Recently, hurricanes and tropical storms have been responsible for lives lost and property loss and/or damage. At this point, there have been nine natural disaster events each exceeding $1 billion in the United States which have included floods, hail storms, tornadoes, snow and ice storms, wild fires, and other severe weather events. Data centers should have in place a disaster recovery plan that should include contingency operations, scenarios, identified resources including outsourced organizations, and should include required periodic training.
American Megatrends extends its support and deepest sympathy to all those whose lives, families, homes and communities have been disrupted by the recent devastation of hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
Let's take a peek deep into the the AMI Archives and focus on one of AMI’s best-known and most beloved products, one that helped the company to an enormous degree in building our name and establishing our legacy as a technology innovator: AMIBIOS 8. This product stands out as the last in the line of legacy BIOS firmware solutions from AMI, which ushered in the transition period to firmware based on the EFI specification and beyond.
Everyone has their acronyms. In my house, if I ask, "PT?" I would be asking if we are having Pizza Tonight. If you ask that at boot camp, it would be Physical Training. In the BIOS/BMC firmware development community, there are a bunch. Here's a list of just a few.