The embedded controller (EC) is an essential component in modern mobile, ultra-mobile and embedded computer systems. An efficient EC sub-system enables energy-conscious designs to obtain dramatic power savings.
The latest EC silicon feature higher processing power and complex features, requiring a more robust firmware solution. With over 25 years of experience in BIOS and keyboard controller programming, AMI is the best candidate to provide an advanced EC firmware solution.
Since the first AMIKEY firmware was released for 8042-compatible controllers, AMI has consistently adapted to the shift from the basic keyboard controller to full-featured EC products.
- Keyboard Controller Functionality: AT and PS/2 8042 Compatibility with support for matrix keyboard scan controllers, device hot-swap, hot-plug and OEM hot-key implementations.
- ACPI Embedded Controller: Full compatibility with ACPI EC requirements
- Smart Battery Management: SMBus interface for smart or control method batteries
- OEM Customization: Utilize EC advanced functionality to create unique platform functionality. Including general purpose I/O (GPIO), analog-to-digital convertor (ADC), pulse-width modulator (PWM) and watch dog timer (WDT) functionality.
- Full source code available for development
- Firmware development in C or assembly language (depends on part selection)
- Supports ShareBIOS and Internal Flash implementations (depends on part selection)
- AMI offers EC firmware ported to many popular chipset reference board (CRB) designs.