American Megatrends Reaches Key Milestone of 1,000 StorTrends® Installs
Monday: August 13, 2012
- American Megatrends (AMI) has reached an important milestone of 1,000 SAN and NAS installations
- StorTrends products are installed in dozens of countries, trusted by SMBs to SMEs
- StorTrends dramatically reduces the time and cost required to manage, maintain and expand a SAN or NAS environment, whether locally or remotely
- The StorTrends SAN and NAS product line provides reliability and ease of use with a strong focus on Disaster Recovery, Manageability, Replication, Scalability and Virtualization
NORCROSS, GEORGIA - American Megatrends (AMI), a leader in network storage and computing innovations, is pleased to announce a milestone in the growth of its StorTrends data storage products brand, as AMI reaches 1,000 installations of StorTrends SAN and NAS arrays.
Today, StorTrends SAN and NAS storage appliances are installed in dozens of countries, trusted by SMBs to SMEs. StorTrends empowers users with a fast, flexible setup and provisioning routine, dramatically reducing the time and cost required to manage, maintain and expand a SAN or NAS environment, whether locally or remotely. The StorTrends SAN and NAS product line provides the reliability and ease of use expected from an industry leader with a strong focus on Disaster Recovery, Manageability, Replication, Scalability and Virtualization. StorTrends SAN and NAS storage appliances offer true enterprise class features at an incredible value, including:
- Data Replication: Replicate Data to DR (Disaster Recovery) and Remote Sites with ability for many-to-one or bidirectional replication providing the flexibility to fit nearly any environment or backup strategy and decrease RTO
- WDS Technology: Compression, Encryption, Data Deduplication and WAN Optimization for extremely fast replication, to reduce replication windows and improve RPO
- Data Archiving: Data Deduplication and Compression for archiving data at the secondary site reduces storage needs and cost
- Dual Dialect Capability: IP-SAN and NAS (Unified Storage) capabilities in a single storage appliance reduces storage costs and improves ease of administration
- Dual Controller Support: Auto Failover/Failback in Active/Active or Active/Passive configurations for outstanding reliability and uptime
- Auto Tiering: Automatic hierarchical Data Tiering with Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) and Zoned Bit Recording (ZBR) to enhance overall performance and reduce back-end storage costs
- Advanced Data Snapshots: Advanced Redirect on Write (ROW) Snapshots, with support for up to 8,048 Snapshots in a single appliance at near zero performance degradation provides point-in-time recovery options
- Vertical Capacity Expansion: Save hardware and disk costs by expansion with up to four StorTrends JBOD appliances, with multipathing for increased performance and reliability
- Virtualization: Support for leading virtualization suites including VMware®, Microsoft® Hyper-V™ and Citrix® Xen™ allowing customers to have their preference of hypervisor
- Multi-Platform Replication: Lower DR costs by replicating between any heterogeneous single and dual controller StorTrends storage appliances
- Single Pane of Glass Management: Manage multiple StorTrends systems within one network storage software for ease of management and reduced administration time
- Easy Installation & Setup: Wizard-driven GUI enables StorTrends units to be configured in minutes
American Megatrends President and CEO Subramonian Shankar commented: "We are extremely pleased to mark this important milestone of 1,000 installations of StorTrends appliances. It is great to see that so many customers are realizing the value and performance that StorTrends provides, and we look forward to the next 1,000 installs and beyond."
Taneja Group Sr. Storage Analyst Jeff Boles noted that "StorTrends may not have the name recognition of some of the larger storage vendors, but they definitely have the technology. It’s a very interesting value proposition. The parent company, AMI, developed RAID cards in 1994 that became the market standard. They also own the largest market share in BIOS through the AMIBIOS product line. That deep engineering history can be seen in StorTrends."
American Megatrends Director of Sales, Justin Bagby, added "Achieving this milestone would not be possible without our StorTrends Partners. AMI would like to thank all of our Channel Partners for their key involvement in reaching this milestone. AMI is 100% committed to the channel and serving our Channel Partners to help further grow StorTrends."
To learn more about the full line of StorTrends data storage products from American Megatrends, please visit www.stortrends.com or contact a StorTrends Sales Associate at 1-800-U-BUY-AMI.
About AMI : Founded in 1985 and known worldwide for AMIBIOS®, American Megatrends Inc. (AMI) supplies state-of-the-art hardware, software, and utilities to top-tier manufacturers of desktop, server, mobile and embedded systems. AMI’s industry leading Aptio® V UEFI BIOS firmware, innovative StorTrends® Network Storage hardware and software products and MegaRAC® remote server management solutions continue to garner industry acclaim and awards around the world. In line with the diversity of its technology and product line, AMI is a member of a number of industry associations and standards groups, such as the Unified EFI Forum (UEFI), the Intel® Intelligent Systems Alliance and the Trusted Computing Group (TCG). Headquartered in Norcross, Georgia, AMI has locations in the U.S., China, Germany, India, Japan, Korea and Taiwan to better serve its customers.
For more information on AMI, its products or services, call 1-800-U-BUY-AMI or visit www.ami.com.
Statement of Liability: © 2013 American Megatrends Inc. Product specifications are subject to change without notice. Products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. All rights reserved. No warranties are made, either express or implied, with regard to the contents of this work, its merchantability or fitness for a particular use. This publication contains proprietary information, which is protected by copyright. American Megatrends reserves the right to update, change and/or modify this product at anytime.
Back to Top